Before the legalese starts, here's the translation to plain
- Do whatever you want with paintlib. Just don't come running to me
with a lawyer if something goes wrong.
- If you redistribute paintlib, you should redistribute the whole library
including documentation and copyright. If that is not possible, you
must make it clear that you're distributing a changed version. In no
event may any part of the library be distributed without this
- If you use paintlib in your program, you must acknowledge this,
preferably in the about box and the documentation.
The legalese itself is a derivative work. I modified the LIBPNG copyright
notice. Thanks, guys :-).
The paintlib source code and all documentation are copyright (c) 1996-2002
Ulrich von Zadow and other contributors.
The paintlib source code is supplied "AS IS". Ulrich von Zadow and other
contributors disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including,
without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for
any purpose. The authors assume no liability for direct, indirect, incidental,
special, exemplary, or consequential damages, which may result from the
use of paintlib, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Permission is hereby granted to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
source code, or portions hereof, for any purpose, without fee, subject
to the following restrictions:
- The origin of this source code must not be misrepresented.
- Altered versions must be plainly marked as such and must not be
misrepresented as being the original source.
- This Copyright notice may not be removed or altered from any source or
altered source distribution.
- Executables containing paintlib or parts of it must state that the
software "contains paintlib code. paintlib is copyright (c) 1996-2002
Ulrich von Zadow and other contributors.". This notice must be displayed
in at least one place where the copyright for the software itself is
displayed. The documentation must also contain this notice.
Note that libpng, zlib, libtiff and the jpeg library have their own